What Is Gabantin 300
About Gabantin 300
Gabantin 300 is an anti-epileptic drug, a chemical group of drugs that work to cure epilepsy. It is a medical condition where the unwanted discharge of electric signals occurs at various locations in the body. This is also known as seizures where the person suddenly experiences a change in mood, stiffness of muscles, shaking of the body and falling on the ground out of a sudden. If not treated it can lead to brain hemorrhage, bipolar disorder or even coma. Gabantin 300 appears as a miracle in such a situation by resolving the damage and bringing life back to normal.
Manufacturer of Gabantin 300
The manufacturer of Gabantin 300 is Sun Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd, an Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company situated in the state of Maharashtra. The drug maker is one of the biggest manufacturers of allopathic drugs. The product list consists of analgesics, antipyretics, antidepressants and every other category of drugs. It exports drugs to more than 50 countries in all corners of the globe. With more than 3 decades of experience and an established customer base, its products are on the priority list of doctors while prescribing drugs to patients.
Strength and Dosage of Gabantin 300
The total strength of Gabantin 300 is 300 mg, out of which a major portion is constituted by Gabapentin, the active component. For best results take the drug in strength and dosage mentioned in the prescription. If you take the drug in strength and dosage as per your wish, you are risking your life. In excess strength, the drug causes side effects instead of curing the problem.
Use of Gabantin 300 having salt Gabapentin
- The active ingredient in Gabantin 300 is Gabapentin. The main purpose of taking Gabantin 300 is to win over neuropathic pain.
How to take Gabantin 300
- Gabantin 300 is a tablet just like any other. Therefore, it needs no special treatment.
- Take the drug with a glass of water and swallow it. Do not apply pressure on the pills by chewing, biting or breaking them into pieces.
- Gabantin 300 should not be taken with alcoholic beverages, fruit juice or carbonated drinks. Water is the only drink suitable for the drug.
How does Gabantin 300 work?
Gabantin 300 overcomes the pain caused due to leakage of electrical signals from various parts of the body. Gabantin 300 effectively heals those leaked points in the nerves to prevent any further electrical discharge. The pain due to such electrical discharge is reduced by preventing pain signals from entering the brain.
The correct dosage is given in the prescription which must be followed with no exception. The dosage depends on person-specific characteristics like the severity of the disorder, immune system, sleep cycle, food habits, addictions, existing disorder and medical history. This makes dosage variable for each patient even for the same disorder. This is true because for some 50 mg of the drug is sufficient but for another patient, 100 mg is the appropriate dosage. The doctors analyses the exact amount after looking at the above and more such parameters.
How long Gabantin 300 shall be continued
The number of days for which you must take the drug is already given in the prescription. Therefore, you should look for advice from anyone else regarding the duration of the dose. If the doctor feels the need to extend it for a few more days, he/she may do it. But never extend the duration by yourself.
Missed a dose of Gabantin 300
The drug works best when taken periodically as per the prescription. Taking a regular dose creates a rhythm that facilitates the reactivity of the drug. Thus, when one day a dose is missed, the whole cycle gets disturbed.
- On missing the dose skip it for that day. Take no drug, even your daily supplement or painkillers on that day, take a break for that day. The drug must be taken from the next day but at the same fixed time. This re-establishes the broken rhythm and re-boosts the working of the drug.
- But remember not to take the excess dose on the next day. People sometimes take extra pills on the next day to compensate for the missed day. Such acts cause serious side effects.
Gabantin 300 Contradiction (With Sildenafil Citrate and Vardenafil)
Harmful side effects.
When not to take Gabantin 300
- Not everyone is compatible with taking Gabantin 300. One must not take the drug if the doctor has not prescribed it. The drug is prescription specific; you cannot even purchase the drug without showing a proper prescription.
- When you are not suffering from mental illness such as anxiety, sudden change in behavior, blood pressure fluctuations etc.
- If you are suffering from any chronic disorder like asthma, diabetes or tuberculosis, it is advisable not to take Gabantin 300.
- When you are already taking other drugs for curing neuropathic pain. Taking multiple drugs can cause loss of sensation, reduced blood pressure and pulse rate.
Shortness of breath
Asthma patients may get a severe asthma attack. Therefore, carry an inhaler always.
Headache has become a common affair in today’s society. Even school students are suffering from a headache.
Overdose Effects of Gabantin 300
Overdose is a clear violation of the instructions in the prescription. Therefore, one cannot expect positive outcomes from an overdose. Overdose of Gabantin 300 leads to sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy, insomnia and affects concentration and memory power.
Precaution & Warning
- The most important precaution to follow is to verify the authenticity of the seller from where you are purchasing the drug. Medical shops that are reputed can be easily trusted but online sites don’t get lured by too cheap prices.
- Follow the instructions given in the prescription with no exceptions. If you are not satisfied with the current prescription regarding the dosage or strength, consult the doctor before making any change. Never take decisions regarding the prescription on your own.
- Tell the doctor about any existing disorder, allergies, infections or addictions which you possess. The doctor has to look at your personal habits and overall health before prescribing the correct amount of strength and dosage.